Ways Of Preparing Absinthe
When you have bought or made your own Absinthe how to prepare it is the next issue because Absinthe is not like any other alcoholic beverage, it is usually served diluted with iced water. This is the traditional way of serving Absinthe. One can go through “The Ritual” or “La Louche” to gather information.
Absinthe How to Prepare using The Ritual
To perform the Ritual, you will need the following:-
- Absinthe – A good quality Absinthe containing real herbal ingredients such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The Absinthe should contain thujone.
- An Absinthe glass – an antique Absinthe glass or replica one is important item. A person can visit AbsintheKit.com to buy replicas of antiques.
- A slotted Absinthe spoon is famous as a cuillere.
- One can utilize a cube of sugar.
- Importance of iced water in a carafe or in an Absinthe fountain.
- Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass.
- A cube of sugar is needed to be placed the resting Absinthe spoon.
- Slowly drip iced water over the sugar either by dripping from the tap of the fountain or by using a steady hand to pour from a carafe. By slowly dripping it sugar will dissolve and drip through the slots of the spoon. A “louche” effect will be visible as the water mixes into the alcohol. As the essential oils of the herbs are soluble in alcohol but not in water so the Absinthe louches.
- An individual has to sit back and enjoy the Green Fairy.
The Bohemian or Czech Method
This method of preparing absinthe is not traditional but is a modern way of preparing cheap Czech Absinthes. The Bohemian method is scorned by many Absinthe followers.
You will need:-
- Get an Absinthe glass
- An Absinthe slotted spoon is important
- One can utilize a cube of sugar
- A lighter or match
- Iced water
Instructions and tips for using the Bohemian method:-
- Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass and dip the sugar cube into it to soak the sugar.
- One has to place sugar cube on the Absinthe spoon and rest on the rim of the glass.
- The sugar will caramelize and melt by keeping it alight for one minute. One should carefully drip the sugar from the slots of the spoon into the Absinthe.
- Put the spoon into the Absinthe and pour the iced water into the Absinthe to put out any flames and to cause the Absinthe to louche.
- Absinthe drink can be enjoyed like this.
* Care should be taken with this method because the Absinthe in the glass may set alight too *
Absinthe can also be used in many cocktails. Ernest Hemingway is known to have liked mixing it with champagne, he called it “Death in the Afternoon”.
There are many mysteries, stories and legends surrounding Absinthe about it’s preparation, its history, the ban and the revival. An individual will enjoy drinking this famous mythical drink.
- Perfect match-Wine and All time favorite Chocolate
- Weight Loss - 3 Day Diet
- Tips For Absinthe Recipes
- Treating Sinusitis
- The Mistakes People Make When Looking For Insurance For Used Cars
- Flies and Poop.. yeah I told ya it was comin
- Simple Steps #1: Drink 8 Glasses of Water Every Day
- Agave Nectar Complex Carbohydrate Sugar Substitute
- Review of The Program: The Brain-Smart Approach to the Healthiest You: The Life-Changing 12-Week Method
- Beyond the Emergency Fund: Water, Water Everywhere, but Not a Drop to Drink